Here’s a fun exercise to do as we step into a new year.
Get a piece of paper and divide it into three columns. At the top of the page, write the title; “2014; My Best Year So Far”
* In column 1, write the title “What I’m Leaving in 2013”
* Come up with a list of ten things that aren’t working for you in your life right now; (number them down the column); examples might be over eating, complaining, one way friendships, watching bad TV, overspending, over eating etc.
* Then, in column 2, write the title “What I’m bringing to 2014); this list should be things that you’re doing now that are working for you. You may be doing these activities and behaviours in small doses, but you know that they are beneficial for your well being; the list might include; a meditation practice, drinking 2 litres of water per day, focusing on the present moment, eating lots of fruit and vegetables and reading inspiring texts (if you can have 7-10 things on your list, that’s great)
* Then finally, in column 3, write the title “What I wish to manifest”- write four statements that contain positivity and empowerment, examples might include; “I have boundless energy and am easily maintaining my goal weight; exercising daily and eating healthy food and drinking lots of water” and “I am thrilled to be financially abundant, doing wonderful work that serves others and utilizes all of my wonderful talents”
* After the lists are complete, take the first list and destroy it. Release those items that are not serving you and focus on what is working for you, what you want more of and what you want to happen in the upcoming year.
* I’d love to know if you enjoyed this exercise and found it beneficial to planning an amazing program for yourself in the New Year