Hope all is well so far in the New Year. I love Robert Holden’s words, “Dear Joy, I’m all yours! What would you like me to do with my life today?” Joy is such a beautiful thing, and if we sit and think for a few minutes now about the things that bring us the greatest joy; often they are very simple things and don’t cost much to; and in actual fact, you may be able to include them in your life each day.
So right now, grab a pen and paper. At the top of the page write; “The things that bring me joy” and write the numbers 1-20 down the side of the page (if 20 is too high a number, just write down 10 items) Your list might look something like this…
The things that bring me Joy
1. swimming in the ocean
2. walking on the sand
3. walking in nature
4. playing with my children
5. talking with my best friend
6. playing improvisational Jazz piano
7. watching romantic comedies
8. cooking a healthy meal from scratch
9. jumping on the trampoline (like I did when I was seven!)
10. Listening to Bohemian Rhapsody full blast in the car
Write you list, and commit to doing at least one thing on it this week, no matter how small and have fun doing things that bring you joy!