Here’s a fun exercise…on cultivating self care.
1. Rate your level of self care out of 10 (How well do you take care of yourself? Do you get enough sleep, activity, healthy food, alone time, chill time etc?)
2. Now time to day dream….design your ultimate self care day. Take the kids, the job, the obligation etc out of it. Design the day from waking to sleeping. What would you be doing? Where would you be? A resort in Bali? At home in bed watching “Orange is the New Black”, having a hot stone massage…in this day dream money and time are not an issue…draw it, write it, make a vision board….enjoy your self care indulgence…
3. Now take a look at your day dream. Is there something you could put into your reality this week? Could you schedule a massage, or a walk on the beach by yourself? Is there one think you could do to enhance your level of self care this week, that wouldn’t be too much of a stretch?
4. In an ideal world, and when we are at our best, we are taking excellent care of ourselves. But in the day to day reality of the pressure cooker of life; this isn’t always easy. Even if you dedicate one hour a week to doing something small, yet nurturing for yourself, you’re going to feel so much better.
5. Challenge- do one thing- one thing only this week to pamper yourself. Schedule it in the diary, do it and enjoy!
Love Claire xx
suggested reading- “The Art of Extreme Self Care” by Cheryl Richardson