You don’t need to want to become a professional actor in order to gain loads of life skills in a class with Pasvolsky Studio.
Here are some of the great skills you will develop, that you can take back into the “real” world:
- Improvisation Skills- Learning to think in our feet can help us out in many ways. If you need to negotiate, communicate or react quickly to something, practicing this skill can really enhance your daily communication skills.
- Characterisation- By creating characters or by bringing words to life on a page, we begin to learn more about other peoples perspectives and the world around us.
- Games- Our brains get switched on, we have to follow the rules in order to “survive”, we have to adapt and go with the group in order to achieve the intended outcome. The energy and positivity as well as focus is something we can take into the home or into the office.
- Scene Work- By working collaboratively with a partner we practice the skills of communication and negotiation. Putting together a scene is like orchestrating a dance- two people need to be in alignment and agreement with each other with their communication and intention or the scene will fail. This is a great metaphor for any relationship we may have in our own lives.
- Performance- Whether you need to do public speaking in your job, the skills of performance will give you a firm grounding in life. Learn to ground yourself, to own your voice and to allow yourself to be seen.
Early bird specials for Term 1 end December 31st, so get in quick if you want to take advantage of this massive saving. Acting Fundamentals (9-11am)and Pasvolsky Studio (12-3pm) are held on Saturdays at Merewether Uniting Church Hall, Merewether. The term is 7 Weeks. Cost is $300($270 with the special) and $400 ($360 with the special). Email Claire to book- firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0412155950 for more information.